Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Boy got skills....

Last night was stupid busy. Like you know when you get so busy you feel like your head just can't take anymore? That has been my week and I think I am just going to have tomorrow off and spend the day working on my Ebay store and listing the rest of my stock coz I never have time to do it and it takes like a whole day and I think I need to be away from my regular job for a day just to let my head return to normal.


Anyway OH picked me up from work yesterday and we went to buy a new laptop, I'm easy pleased, as long as it gets on the net, I can upload pics, listen to music and use word and excel thats all I need, el cheapo laptop here I come. Once confronted with all the shiny lil toys OH decides he needs his own laptop for 'work'.....or more to the point so when he works away (grand total of maybe 4 weeks a year) he can watch dvd's while the other boys go to the pub....the thought in itself of him sitting in his lil room on his own while the other boys are at the pub is hilarious...and never going to happen, but he wanted it right or wrong so 2 el cheapo laptops were now on the menu. I got really short and cranky with the salesman because he kept trying to sell us the next one up and I thought he would have been happy that we were buying two in the first place, not trying to see us one cheap one and one ridiculously expensive one! Nevermind, an hour later OH had gone home (couldn't be bothered waiting) so I walked out with two brand new laptops...and about 15mins to get to my last pole class which was about 20mins drive through peak hour traffic. Mind you peak hour traffic in Hobart is not bad, it's bad for Tassie, but it's not bad compared to places like Melbourne and Sydney. Made it to pole and our last class was fantastic and whilst I didn't manage to conquer hanging upside down off the pole (had terrible images of landing on my head) I now have my very own at home all set up in the spare room to continue practising on. So once I do conquer scary potentially landing on head move, I can go back and do the Intermediate classes.


I got home at about 7:30pm, starving because of the work out I'd had in class and because we normally eat at 6ish and as soon as I got out of the car I could smell the delicious scent of dinner. It is only recently that OH has started cooking regularly. We were having a big discussion one day about the state of our relationship which led to several changes, one being that at least once a week he cooks a meal of his choosing. I must say I am loving it, he is so happy and so proud of himself when he cooks something great and it takes some of the pressure off me. I love cooking but seven nights a week plus baking for lunches is just too much some weeks. Back onto the subject last night OH made a Beef Ragu and it was brilliant. Lil tiny seasoned meatballs cooked in a tomato and vegetable sauce, and we served it with some mash, but could be served with rice or pasta. It was delicious, the tomato base had some carrot, celery and potato in it, all of which were soft and tender, the meatballs were only seasoned with salt and cracked pepper but they packed a punch and soaked up the flavour from the sauce. I can't wait to have the leftovers tonight! One small problem is that I was so excited to try it I didn't remember to take photos until my bowl was clean and there was only the bowls of leftovers for tonight, so imagine the below picture with a big scoop of fluffy mashed spud and you'll get the idea!



I know I said I would write about the potential of me buying a cupcake shop but I so do not have time tonight, I have 4 batches of cupcakes to make tonight and one of them has to be St Kilda themed! But I promise I will fill you in tomorrow : )


Em x

1 comment:

  1. Yay for new laptops!
    The cupcake shop sounds great. I would love to own a cookie shop. Sell gourmet cookies and freshly brewed herb teas. :o) Can't wait to hear about your plans for your shop.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...