Thursday, September 30, 2010

Smooth, soft and creamy fudge recipe

I had good intentions of making more golden syrup dumplings this week but the universe had other ideas. So last night upon realising I was not going to get a chance to make them I also realised I had a tub of extra thick cream in the fridge that needed to be used. I also had some dark chocolate melts in the cupboard left-over from some cherry ripe cupcakes and some marshmallows left-over from the hot chocolate season! First thing that came to mind was fudge! I know fudge should have condensed milk in it, but I find cream works just as well and gives the fudge a really creamy (duh) and smooth consistency, the only problem is you probably need to let it set for 24-48 hours.

The only other issue I encountered last night was that OH dislikes dark chocolate...so into the mix went my bag of fun size milkybars that I had been saving for after work treats :( Oh well....saves me eating them!

Emily's Last Minute Fudge
375g of chocolate melts (any flavour or combination)
300ml bottle of thickened cream
1 x bag of marshmallows chopped
1 x pkt of choc ripple biscuits crushed
2 x 50g bars of turkish delight chopped

Melt chocolate in microwave in 30 second bursts. Stir through cream and remaining ingredients.
Pour into a lined slice tin and refigerate for 24-48 hours or until firm enough to cut, it will always be soft, but if you leave it for awhile it won't be sticky...I get impatient and have to cut mine up after 4 or 5 hours and end up with chocolate everywhere..which really isn't a bad thing!

You can really add anything you like, which is why this recipe is great, as long as you have the cream and chocolate you could use anything you have in the pantry - for instance glace cherries and crushed chocolate biscuits, dessicated coconut would make a deliciously smooth and creamy coconut rough, liquers make delcious fudge or some caramel swirled through, the possibilities are endless!

I only added the marshmallows this time and used half dark chocolate and half white, and the result is a rich, decadent treat!


Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...