Sunday, October 17, 2010

Polefit Class and The Vintage Fair

It is currently Sunday afternoon and I am so very very sore, tired yet satisfied, I've had a great weekend!

On Friday OH suprised me at work with a bottle of perfume I have wanted for ages, and it smells divine, we have been having a rough patch lately and whilst it doesn't make things all brand new, it shows he cares.


Yesterday OH had to work so I had the day to myself, no cooking or cleaning to do, I was a totally free agent. I lazed around in bed for a little while, then got up and made myself a cup of tea and some porridge and decided I was going to go check out this Vintage Market that Mum had been telling me about and after that I would do a Polefit class...then depending on how I felt, I might even venture to a Zumba class and try that too!

When I got to the Vintage Market I soon discovered it was so much more then that, it was actually called Frock Up Hobart 2010 and included an exhibition of royal fashion and memorabilia plus a The Way We Wear Vintage Fashions Fair. The fashion fair was the market bit Mum was telling me about, but it was just brilliant, they are travelling all around Australia and I was so glad I went, the clothes were just gorgeous and all of it was real vintage stuff in as new condition and cheap as! I brought two dresses and a suprise for my Mum because she was interstate and was slightly shattered she couldn't make it, but it would have been so easy to spend thousands and thousands of dollars there! And the collection of royal memorabillia was fascinating. Did you know that when one of King Henry's wives got sick and returned to the public spotlight with a limp, the entire population took on a limp as well purely because she was the Queen?! This is what I brought anyway


And after that I grabbed a coffee and high-tailed my way to my first Polefit class! I was really looking forward to it. It was being run by the same lady who took my beginners pole class and this was her first Polefit class too, kind of like a trial to see how the routine went and if it would be worthwhile to keep running. Let me just say that by the end of it we had done everything from ab crunches to push ups, fans, body rolls, circuits and lifts and like honestly if you do these things once or twice in a routine you barely notice them, but when you do them in reps of 20 or for the length of a 4 minute song, my god do you notice!! By the end of it my arms and legs were a quivering mess and there was no way in hell I was going to make it to Zumba, I might leave that one for one night this week I think. Today pretty much everything but my butt is sore, but its great, I had heaps of fun, met some great people and learnt some new moves to practise on my pole at home, plus just the satisfaction you get from knowing you have done a good work out is great too! I think I will keep going once a fortnight maybe just to keep the motivation up and in the meantime I am really looking forward to being able to do an aerobic routine with the pole at home because just doing the one routine that we learnt in the beginners class over and over was getting abit old! And since I started doing the pole dancing in May I have noticed I actually have like defined arms muscles now, like I don't have massive guns or anything, but I never had arms muscles before and now I do which means I can often be caught flexing and doing a happy dance in front of the mirror.....

Anyway, I am off to attempt my pumpkin blondies - the first of my Halloween baking efforts!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...