Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Quick and Easy Stir Fry....and the return of the Cupcakes!

Yes...just when you all thought I had grown out of my cupcake phase forever...it is back...and may I say it's back with a vengence!! I mentioned yesterday about wanting to do some Halloween baking and I am all revved up to make my Halloween cupcakes like right now, but I know I need to wait and space it all out over the month so I'm trying. In the meantime I made these ones tonight for a friend who is having day surgery this week. She is nervous about it and she thinks skulls are just as cute and adorable as I do so I thought these might cheer her up. I made the cupcake toppers from scratch and then thought I would use the opportunity to make Version 2 of the Wedding Cupcakes! This time I tried adding some raspberry jelly crystals to the raspberry swirl mix to see if it gives them more of a raspberry kick. I made a double batch so I have enough for my friend and enough for OH and I to taste test I'll let you know how it goes!


And last night OH and I went to Mum and Dad's for tea. They are off to Port Douglas on Friday for 8 days I think so it was nice to see them before they go jet setting again. Upon walking in the door last night I saw hokkien noodles on the bench which could only mean one thing. Mum's stiry fry. I love my Mum's stiry fry. I have tried to copy it before with no success. So I watched intently tonight and now I know how it's done!


To create this delicious yet simple stir fry you will need:

1 x 450g packet of hokkien noodles
2 x pkts of frozen stir fry vegies (try and get as much variety as you can - pineapple, carrot, beans, etc)
2 x brown onions diced
1 x bottle of Stir Fry sauce (that is literally what its called and is in the Asian section of the supermarket)
4-5 large tbspns of butter

Cook the onion in a large fry pan until tender.
Add butter and stir until melted.
Place noodles in a bowl and cover with boiling water.
Add frozen vegetables and cover. Cook for 10-15 mins stirring occasionally or until vegies are tender.
Drain water from noodles and add to vegetables. Pour sauce over and combine.
Simmer for 5 mins and serve!

Easy easy easy yet so yummy!! We had ours with a dinner roll to mop up all the buttery goodness!

I have made stir fries with plum sauce and honey soy and garlic sauce, red wine and garlic sauce but nothing I have tried tastes as good as this. As much as my calorie counter hates to admit it, I think the butter has alot to do with it...and that Stir Fry sauce is definetly the only one I'm buying from now on!

Anyway, that is all from me for today!

Tomorrow - the best cheese and herb omelettes and brocolli from our own vegie patch!

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...