Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Side of Lamb With Your Quarter Life Crisis?

Well at the moment I seem to be experiencing a quarter life crisis. Absolutely every element of my life is making my head hurt, my job, my career, not spending enough time in the kitchen, not being able to afford new shoes, my friends...even my wedding...I just feel like tearing the lot down and starting from scratch...so while I sort myself out why don't you try this recipe! Even as a vegetarian I didn't mind it!

Herbed Lamb Steaks and Buttered New Potatoes Serves 2

You need:

3 tspns freshly diced thyme
3 tspns freshly diced oregano
3 tspns lemon juice
1 200g tub of European style yoghurt
2 x 200g lamb steaks....all the lamb steaks had bone in them when I went shopping and I have not quite worked up to that stage of meat eating yet so I used beef round steak instead.

Combine 2 tspns of thyme, 2 tspns of oregano, 2 tspns of lemon juice and 100g yoghurt.
Pour into a shallow oven-proof dish and add steaks, ensuring meat is covered on both sides. Leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours to marinate.
Meanwhile combine remaining thyme, oregano, lemon juice and yoghurt and season with freshly ground salt and pepper.
Cook the steaks on a bbq to your liking and serve with yoghurt dressing and boiled new potatoes.

Really easy and tasty, only time consuming bit is leaving it to marinade!

I followed a Margaret Fulton recipe for the boiled potatoes and OH and I agreed that they were honestly the best spuds to show up on our dinner plates. And so simple! Boil some whole new potatoes (we used 400g) for 15-20 mins or until a skewer can be easily inserted into them. Drain the water and cut potatoes in half. Add 1 tbspn of butter to the pan and swirl everything around until the potatoes are glistening. Mmmmmmmmmm nom nom nom!


Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...