Monday, October 18, 2010

Tortellini Moussaka

On the weekend when we were trying to decide on what to have for tea this week, OH mentioned that he had a craving for ravioli...and I kinda went 'oh yeah whatever' coz whilst I love ravioli, there is never enough in those lil packets you buy and I wanted something abit more substantial then just pasta and sauce for dinner...a few flicks of the recipe book pages later and hey presto look what we found! Tortellin Moussaka!! Ok so not quite the ravioli that was requested, but damn close and it met my criteria for a more exciting dish.

I actually made this on Sunday afternoon and we had it for dinner on Monday night, I find pasta baka is easy to dish up if it is cold and it gives the flavours more time to develop.


So if you would like to try this fantastic recipe you will need

1 x 630g pkt of Roast Vegetable and Ricotta Tortellini (or whatever flavour you want)
1 x 450-500g jar of pasta sauce
1 x 150g bag of baby spinach leaves
1 x cup of greek yoghurt
1 x egg
1 x large eggplant thinly sliced
salt, pepper, paprika and grated cheese

Pre-heat oven to 180C
Salt the eggplant and leave to rest whilst you prepare the other ingredients.
Place tortellini in a pot of boiling water and cook for 8-10 mins or until tender.
Meanwhile cook the spinach in the microwave until wilted. Squeeze out excess water and tear / chop up.
Whisk egg and yoghurt in a jug and season with salt and pepper.
Rinse the eggplant and gently fry in batches until golden.
Layer pasta sauce, tortellini and eggplant in a baking dish finishing with eggplant.
Pour over yoghurt mixture.
Top with grated cheese and paprika.
Bake in oven for 30-40 mins or until cheese is melted and golden.


I know I haven't said much that has been non food related lately but I will give you all a proper update tomorrow I promise!!

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...