Thursday, January 27, 2011

Peach and Raspberry Upside Down Cake

Ok so the entertaining season is well and truly upon us and if your after the perfect treat to take to that summer bbq...or even just to take to work to cheer everyone up then this is the cake for you!

And I should also say that seeing as OH doesn't like 'cakey' cakes I always make cupcakes and bite size things so this is the first proper cake I have made in ages - I was a tad excited....

So back to the important stuff....keeping with the quick and easy theme you will need:

1 x packet butter cake mix
1 x egg
1/4 cup water
1 tbspn butter (melted)
1 x 410g sliced peaches drained and patted dry
1 cup frozen raspberries
1 tspn coconut essence

The butter cake mix I had called for 2 eggs and 3 tbspns butter but I just didn't have that on hand so we improvised!

Preheat oven to 180C.
Combine your cake mix, egg, melted butter and water in a bowl and stir until smooth. Stir in coconut essence.
Line and grease a cake tin. Arrange peaches over base of tin so that they look pretty.
Stir frozen raspberries through cake mix, but don't over stir coz it will turn your cake mix pink...however if you want a pink cake by all means stir your little heart out!
Then pour the cake mix over the peaches and bake for around 30-35 mins depending on the size of the tin you use. When the cake is golden and bounces back when touched it is ready. Let the cake cool for 5 mins and turn out onto a nice serving plate.

I made this last night and just covered it with cling wrap over night before taking it to work today. It was so soft and moist and I was a bit lazy at drying my peaches so the peach juice had soaked into the cake giving it a lovely flavour. I also think this cake would be gorgeous fresh out of the oven with some home made custard poured over it! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I wanted to get a photo of it with a slice taken out at work today but it disappeared too quick!!



Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...