Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Vegetarian BBQ

Last night we descended on Mum and Dad's place for dinner and given that it was quite a balmy evening, the parentals had decided to have a BBQ. This is something that made OH sigh and me clap my hands with joy, I love a vegetarian bbq!


We had some zucchini, potato and onion all fried up on the bbq, as well as a Sanitarium Soya sausage, a Sanitarium Italian Red Pepper and Basil kebab and some saganaki cheese drizzled with lemon juice. The saganaki is a greek dish and is normally served as an appetizer of pan-seared cheese. The cheese is melted (although it doesn't actually melt, so just cooked really in a small frying-pan until it is bubbling, and generally served with lemon juice and pepper. It tastes alot like haloumi, it squeaks when you chew on it and can be a bit salty but thats where the lemon juice comes in.

MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm one of my favourite things about summer is a good vegetarian bbq!!

Mum and I also sat down last night and started filling up the recipe book she gave me with her recipes, I can't wait to try some of them for myself!!

Em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...