Monday, February 14, 2011

Honey Oat, Blueberry and Cranberry Bars

So for Dad's Bday this year, I pondered a bit, pondered some more, paced up and down the room...got serious about my pondering and then decided I had no idea what to get him. Eventually I decided what better then to make him a whole big huge gift basket of all his favourite goodies? After much deliberation I narroed the list down to ANZACs, a chocolate fruit log, the strawberry scone roll I posted the other day, some coconut rough and these Honey Oat, Blueberry and Cranberry Bars. To be honest, right now I'm feeling a little ill as I have had far too many of these bars, but they are just so delicious!!!

Easy too!

You just need

3.5 cups of quick oats
50g of dried blueberries
50g of dried cranberries
2 tspns of cinnamon
1 cup of honey
125g of butter
2 tbspn brown sugar

Preheat the oven to 150C (fan forced) and line a slice tin with baking paper.
Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
Combine honey, butter and brown sugar in a saucepan and heat until all ingredients are combined.
Combine honey mix with dry ingredients.
Press into slice tin and bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Leave to cool in the pan as it will be quite soft when it comes out of the oven but will harden as it cools.

Great for kids (or adults) lunch boxes!!



Em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...