Sunday, March 20, 2011

Hoisin Chicken

So when I was doing the grocery list this week I handed the recipe folder over to OH and told him to pick something. He chose this Hoisin Chickenand I admit I was abit dubious about trying it because I dislike ginger but it was FAB-U-LOUS!



All you need is:
2 x chicken breast
1 tbspn Hoisin Sauce
1 tbspn Soy Sauce
1 tbspn Honey
1 tspn Garlic
1 tspn Ginger

Comgine all ingredients excpet for the chicken in a bowl. Add the chicken breast and coat well. Leave in the fridge to marinate for several hours.

When you are ready place the chicken in an oven proof dish and pour sauce over.

Bake for around 20 - 25 mins at 180C (fan forced) or until the chicken is cooked.

Baste with the sauce half way through cooking time.

Serve with steamed green beans and creamy mashed potato!

Yum yum yum!!! I also think this marinade would be delicious in stir frys as the flavour combination just works together so well. There are some strong flavours in there but in actual fact the ingredients all seem to balance each other out.

Enjoy

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...