Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hot Cross Bun Pudding


Ok so being Easter and all and with Mum and Dad coming out tonight, I thought I better pull out all the stops. I made some fresh Hot Cross Buns yesterday and thought they would look pretty specky as a bread and butter pudding in individual ramekins. I had images of one hot cross bun surrounded by a sea of custard....but upon putting them together, I figured it would be better to tear the buns up, so whilst not as pretty as I had planned, they taste pretty damn good!

Hot Cross Bun Pudding

4 mini Hot Cross Buns
3 eggs
375ml milk
2 tbspn caster sugar
1 tspn vanilla essence

Tear the hot cross buns up or leave whole and place in 4 small individual ramekins.

Combine the eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla in a jug and whisk until combined.

Pour over buns and let soak for at least 20 mins.

Bake in the oven for around 30mins at 180C or until custard is set. Serve with cream.

I got such a suprise when I went back to the oven, I may have squealed a little, my lil bowls of mush had turned into these big (like huge!) gorgeous golden puddings!!

Would be extra yummy with choc chip hot cross buns too not to mention a perfect way to use up any left over or stale buns, but let's be honest, who ever has left over hot cross buns!?

Happy Easter everyone!!

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...