Thursday, May 19, 2011

Fruit Platter and Shoes!

I was looking for a nice dessert to cook for Mum and Dad when they came up last Tuesday night, I trawled through my new 'Puddings' cookbook for ages drooling over self saucing puddings, upside down cakes, mini cakes, tortes, mousses, souffles....but you know what, they just weren't doing it for me. I wanted something fresh, something relatively light, something delicious...and then I remembered I had a recipe for a dip to serve with fruit!

It is so easy :)

You just need:

100g philly
1/4 cup lemon juice
The juice from one orange
225g tin of pineapple pieces in juice
2 tbspns caster sugar
1/4 cup thickened cream

Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend well. Pour into a bowl.
Refigerate overnight to set and serve with fresh fruit.

We served ours with fresh dates, apple, pineapple, banana and of course, some marshmallows! It would make a lovely summer breakfast / brunch or would be beautiful to serve up at a morning or afternoon tea.

OH also thought this dip might be nice with some mini marshmallows stirred through and then some gelatine added so it set like a mousse. The boy does have some good ideas sometimes!!


It's been awhile since I've had some shoes to show you! Well the other day I picked up a lay by...got these lil babies just in time for Fri the 13th! And I also picked up my wedding shoes too, but OH was lightning fast at hiding them so I don't wear them out before the big day...Damn him! Hasn't he heard of wearing them in!?



Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...