Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Super Easy Tuna Chow Mein

Ok so I forgot to take a photo....

It may be because tuna chow mein is one of my favourite dishes....

It may be because I was starving hungry....

It may be because I was slightly excited about passing my motorcycle learners only a few hours earlier...

Whatever the reason, I still forgot and I apologise.

Let me make it up to you by giving you the recipe to create this delicious dish for yourself :)

You will need:

1/2 cabbage diced
2 small tins of light tuna
1 tin of baby corn cuts
1 red capsicum diced
1 onion diced
1 carrot diced
2 tspns curry powder
225g pineapple pieces drained
1 pkt oriental flavoured noodles

Brown your onion in a fry pan over medium heat. Add curry powder and cook for 2-3 mins or until fragrant.

Add in cabbage, corn cuts, capsicum, carrot, broken up noodle cake and flavouring sachet and 2-3 cups of water. Place the lid on the fry pan and allow to simmer for 20 mins stirring occasionally.

After 20 mins add in the tuna and pineapple and mix in well.

Allow to simmer for another 10-15 mins or until the cabbage is cooked and soft, the majority of the water should have been absorbed.

OH and I get two large bowls and one small bowl for the next days lunch out of this recipe :)

It is a great hearty winter dish and it's low in cals!! It's also my Mum's recipe and one of my favourite dishes from when I was little so I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...