Wednesday, September 21, 2011

C is for Cookie......

....and C is also for chocolate and custard....and what do you get when you combine these three things??? Chocolate Custard Creams of course!!


I have been promising OH I would make him shortbread creams for a long time now...but there was an incident involving some very thin sugar cookies, which despite being delicious, were not filling friendly....so I decided to try these chocolate biscuits instead....and while I was there I also made some of our old favourites.As a result our fridge is a little bit like cookie central right now and I may have had issues finding room for the groceries this week...but it was all in the name of good cookies I tell you!!

For the biscuits you will need:
185g butter
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 egg
2 cups plain flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder

And for the custard filling:
.5 cups icing sugar
.5 cups caster sugar
125g butter
1 tbspn milk

Preheat your oven to 160C fan forced and grease 3 baking trays.

Cream the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer.

Add egg and beat well.

Gradually add the flour and cocoa and beat until mixture is smooth.

Roll tablespoons of the dough into balls and place on trays. Make sure they are evenly spaced as they will spread during baking - I usually go with 8 per tray. Press the dough down with the back of a fork.

Bake for 10 mins. Allow to cool on trays before removing and wait until they are completely cooled before attempting to frost.

While the biscuits cool you can make the frosting!

In the bowl of your electric mixer combine all the ingredients and beat until smooth. If the mixture is too runny, add more custard powder and / or icing sugar to taste and to reach desired consistency. If the mixture is too thick add a splash of milk and if it's just not fluffy enough, add more butter!

Place the mixture in the fridge to firm up a bit while you are waiting for the biscuits to cool.

Once the biscuits have cooled, spread half of them with the custard mixture. Sandwich together with the remaining biscuits.


I got 14 biscuits out of this recipe and they will keep in the fridge for at least a week....that is if they last that long!!

Ohhh and let me show you the mega yummy, mega filling and just all round MEGA omelette, cheese and chutney rolls we had for breakfast on the weekend!


I have been busy making some changes to the layout of the blog, I think I'm just about happy with it, although I still need to figure out how to jazz up the banner abit, but I'll get there! What do you think so far??

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...