Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Confession Time.....

I have a confession to make. It pains me to do this, but I need to put it out there in the open so I can start trying to move on and recover.

As most of you know, I get married this January and after seeing the ridiculous price of paying someone to make our wedding cupcakes, I decided to make them myself.

OH and I decided what flavour we wanted. I made some test batches. They were delicious. Case closed right? Wrong. This is where it gets nasty.....I was going to use a packet mix. I know I know, the guilt, the shame, the fact that they were beautiful soft fluffy vanilla cupcakes with a bright red raspberry swirl is not the point....it has been eating away at me for awhile now and today something just snapped. I cannot bring myself to serve packet mix cake as my wedding cake. I know no one else will know but I will and that’s not cool. I go to enormous effort to make cakes for other people’s birthdays, for morning teas, even just for something to do – but I can’t make my own wedding cake.....that’s not on.

So you know what the means? We are back into the test kitchen!

For the first test batch I’m thinking Lemon Yoghurt Cake (because it’s dense and moist whilst still being light and melt in your mouth awesome) with a raspberry swirl and a vanilla buttercream......

For the second batch I’m thinking a Moist Vanilla Cake (never made one before, but I’m after a moist, soft and flavoursome cake) with a raspberry swirl and vanilla buttercream......

This will also involve some experimentation with a) getting my buttercream as close to white as possible and b) making a raspberry swirl that is packed full of fresh raspberry flavour whilst adding a vibrant red swirl to the cakes.

So there you have it.....I confessed, I am ashamed.....but I am back on the horse, guns (or ovens) blazing and super excited about seeing the results of our first two trials!

Stay tuned for updates over the next few weeks!!

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...