Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Cake Balls

Try saying that 5 times fast....

Have you ever tried to fake tan? It's a well known fact that I'm a little pale (to put it nicely) and with the wedding coming up people keep asking me if I'm going to get a fake tan. My answer has always been no way in hell because everyone knows I'm pasty and if I show up on my wedding day looking like an oompa loompa well i think that's just silly....

However, in saying that, OH and I have a trip away coming up in the next few weeks and the thought of showing off my lily white legs on holiday to a bunch of complete strangers is just not working for me (go figure huh!?). So I took some advice from OH's sister and have been trialling a gradual tan moisturising cream. I'm not sure if it's working, I mean sometimes I look at my legs and think they are starting to look a nice shade of brown, other times I think they look the same as they always did, and occasionally I look at them and think someone has snuck in in the middle of the night and painted my knee caps and my toes a very bright shade of gold....but nonetheless I am sitting here with my legs up in the air (so that the cream soaks in evenly of course) and persevering with it...

The true test will be if OH notices when he gets home after two weeks working away tomorrow night, but in all fairness in the last fortnight I have had my nails done, had my long hair lopped off and done weird things with the colour of my legs so he may just get home and come to the conclusion I've had far too much time on my hands...

Having alot of spare time is not always a bad thing though, I've tidied the house, done some gardening, crossed several things off my to do list (and added several things to it....) and I made these Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Cake Balls!

Even though when I took them to work they were met with a crowd of ladies very wary of the flavour combination, word soon got around that they were in fact rich and tasty and sweet and delicious and they disappeared quick smart...even if they were likened to testicles (thankfully only due to appearance and not to taste!)


You will need:

1 pkt buttercake mix
1.5 cups pumpkin puree
2-3 tspns mixed spice
180g cream cheese softened
300g white chocolate melts

Prepare the buttercake mix as per packet instructions replacing the liquid with the pumpkin puree - the one I was using called for 2 eggs and 3/4 cup milk so I added the eggs and 1.5 cups pumpkin puree and no milk.

Add the mixed spice and mix well.

Bake as per packet directions. Once a skewer inserted comes out clean remove it from the oven.

Allow the cake to cool for 5-10 mins. Whilst it is still warm go nuts and break it all up in a bowl ensuring it is well crumbled.

Add the cream cheese and mix it all together. The mixture should be holding together well. If you find it it crumbly add more cream cheese. Place the mixture in the fridge for 2-3 hours and leave the house so you don't eat it all.

Return to the house and remove the mix from the fridge. Scoop small balls out onto a lined baking tray. Place bake in the fridge for a further 2-3 hrs or overnight.

Melt 100g of chocolate in the microwave. Using a fork or a spoon gently roll balls one at a time through the chocolate and place back on the baking tray. Repeat with remaining chocolate and balls.

Place the tray into the fridge until the chocolate hardens. You can store these either in the fridge or at room temp.

They do take a bit of time and a few steps but they are so worth it :)

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...