Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas 2011


Christmas this year was one of THE best yet....

Normally OH and I spend the day bouncing around between my parents and his Mother and step mother....

The day is always fantastic but it is also exhausting and OH and I normally get home mega late and are always buggered when we do our presents together...


This year the universe smiled upon us, we had dinner with OH's Mum and brothers and sisters a few days before Christmas, on Christmas Eve we had our traditional 8 ball tournament with Mum and Dad before dinner with OH's step Mum and family which left Christmas Day to spend with my parents and we even got to squeeze in some time to ourselves!

And on Christmas morning when I woke up, our christmas lillies were out, they looked as gorgeous as they smelt :)


OH got to live his childhood dream of being in Ghostbusters (I've never seen someone so excited about a spraying backpack!)


I got to live my adulthood dream of being in the roller derby (except I've never skated before so the only injuries I was causing were to myself....there was lots of screaming, pleading, giggling and begging for my life...)


Then it was onto Mum and Dad's, as always the table was beautifully set...


And we were greeted with a spread of biscuits, cheeses,salad, seasoned chicken breast, dolmades, dips and of course freshly dug new potatoes! All washed down with some midori (very festively coloured if you have the melon and the strawberry!)


On Christmas Day it is compulsory to wear your Christmas hat or your Christmas ears!




And because any Christmas brunch is not complete without dessert, we finished off with some fresh strawberries, chocolate cream and wafer straws :)


OH and I headed home mid afternoon and had the rest of our presents together. For the first time ever we had dinner together on Christmas night. We even had a few drinks and curled up on the bean bags watching a movie and it was the perfect end to a perfect Christmas season.

And at the end of the day, there is nothing better then spending Christmas time with your family....


And seeing the excitement on someone's face when you give them something they really really wanted...


All in all, the day was.....


I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas with your families and friends.

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...