Friday, December 9, 2011

Mini Boozy Christmas Pudding Cake Balls

Tomorrow night is a big night for me :) Awhile ago you may remember I wrote a post about a Bridal Knees Up that I went to which was organised by some ladies I work with for two of our co-workers who were about to get married....well this weekend it's my turn! I'm so excited and nervous and scared all in one because a) I never thought I would have a hen's night and b) all any of us know is where to meet up and that it's kind of going to be like the amazing race...that's it!!

Anyway I have been working on a cake to take to the party tomorrow night (stay tuned for a full run down on the night AND the cake!!) and I had a big bowl full of mud cake off cuts that I had big plans for!


So you will need:

Roughly 3-4 cups of mud cake
1/2 cup of chocolate frosting
60ml of whiskey
Red glace cherries (halved)
375g of milk or dark chocolate melts
100g of white chocolate melts

To make these I crumbled up the mud cake off cuts, added the chocolate frosting and whiskey and mixed it all up until it was holding together well. Place in the fridge for 2-3 hours.

Roll tbspns of the mixture into balls (or I used my lil gadget that puts holes in and fills cupcakes to make them nice even shapes) and place on a lined tray and back in the fridge for a few more hours.

Melt the milk or dark chocolate in 50g batches. Roll the balls in the chocolate to cover and using a fork or a toothpick place them back on the tray and repeat with remaining chocolate and balls and you guessed it, back in the fridge till set.

Melt the white chocolate and drizzle a teaspoon over the top of each pudding. Top with 1/2 a red glace cherry. Back in the fridge one last time and your done!!

Oh yummmmm....mud cake...chocolate...glace cherries and hellloooo whiskey!!!

Happy Friday night everyone :)

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...