Thursday, February 23, 2012

Blueberry, Cranberry and Cream Cheese Muffins

Occasionally when doing the shopping I see something and just go hmmm I wouldn't mind making something with that...and then it sits in my cupboard for days...possibly weeks...while I decide exactly what I want to use it for.

That's what happened when I brought this packet of dried cranberries...a few weeks later I added to it with some blueberries and some cream cheese...an idea was beginning to form!

Work with me here....

Start by preheating your oven to 180C and greasing 2 muffin trays.

Now gather the following -

200g cream cheese softened
50g white chocolate melted
1/4 cup icing sugar

Firstly beat the cream cheese, white chocolate and icing sugar together in the bowl of an electric mixer until smooth and well combined. Place in a bowl in the fridge.

Then combine the following, also using the electric mixer...

2 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup buttermilk
2 tbspns melted butter
1 egg

And then stir through 1.5 cups dried cranberries and 1.5 cups fresh or frozen blueberries. Don't use the electric mixer for this...it will fling berries all around your kitchen and you will be cleaning them off the tops of your cupboards for months...believe me.

1/2 fill each muffin cup, place a teaspoon of the cream cheese mix in the centre of the mixture and top with another tablespoon of mixture. Bake for around 15-20 mins or until they bounce back when touched.


These make awesome lunch box treats, I mean who doesn't love a surprise filling!!

Hope you are all having a fantastic week.

Mrs B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...