Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Bubba Chopper's Apple, Oat and Cinnamon Muffins

I think I have mentioned before that Mr B and I are ready for a Bubba B when we get back from Europe in a few months, which in itself is exciting, but on top of that, Mr B's best friend and his partner and my best friend and her partner are both expecting at the moment, so there is some mega excitement all round!

I had lunch with my friend on Sunday and she told me the news, and apart from bursting with happiness for her and her partner, my mind also started to tick with something special I could do for her.

Over lunch we discussed all the things she could and couldn't eat (oh my god....no salami, no chorizo, no feta!!!) and how she is mega hungry and mega tired, and so when I got home that afternoon I was sitting around having a ponder as I do...and decided that next weekend I would make her a basket full of yummy, nutritious, filling, low-fat, pregnancy friendly goodies....then I sat some more, my thumbs started to twitch so I whipped out the computer for some ideas and started to write them down....and then I think I blacked out or something because all of a sudden I was in the kitchen and there was apple and cinnamon and oats going everywhere......



Apple, Oat and Cinnamon Muffins

For the muffin batter you will need:

 ½ cup sultanas
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup self raising flour
1 cup plain flour
1.5 cups yoghurt
1 tspn cinnamon (plus extra for decorating)
2 eggs
100ml light olive oil
1.5 tspn baking powder

For the topping you will need:

2 tbspns butter melted
3 tbspns brown sugar
3/4 tspn ground cinnamon
1/4 cup rolled oats
1 apple, thinly sliced

Prehat oven to 150C and grease / line your muffin tin.

In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the yoghurt, eggs and olive oil.

Add the flours, cinnamon and baking powder. Beat well. Stir through the oats and sultanas.

Fill your muffin cases roughly 3/4 full.

For the topping, combine the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Set aside.

Top each cupcake with a tspn oats and some thinly sliced apple (push it into the mix a bit otherwise it falls off when you get them out of the oven...).

Brush with the cinnamon butter and bake for about 20-30 mins depending on what size you make. They are done when a skewer inserted comes out clean.

Very simple, very easy, even Mr B who does not do oats gave them his tick of approval and as for my friend? I quote "now known as the most delicious muffin I have ever tasted." Ohhh yeah go me! Although I'm kinda wishing I kept one for myself to try!!

Never mind. I'm on cloud 9 right now, I have gorgeous friends, an amazing husband, a european holiday on the horizon, thai chicken curry pies for tea tonight and a passionfruit cake for morning tea, what more could you want?!

Mrs B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...