Thursday, March 22, 2012

Chocolate and Orange Cream Cheese Pound Cake

This week has been one of 'those' weeks. Everything has been so hectic, so flat out, I feel like all I have done is run and chase and not actually achieved anything. One of those weeks where the to-do list gets longer rather then shorter. But it's also one of those weeks where I feel useful and like I'm using my brain....which doesn't happen often!! Anyway, it hasn't just been me experiencing this week from hell at work, it appears to be a contagious thing, so last night I made this cake to take in and cheer one of my favourite people up :) I hope it worked. As I said to her, it was an effort to make up for all the nasty thoughtless people in the world, even though all the cake in the universe won't do that, it's a start....


Chocolate and Orange Cream Cheese Pound Cake

120g butter
250g cream cheese
2 cups plain flour
1 cup caster sugar
4 eggs
1.5 tspns baking powder
The juice and rind of two oranges
200g dark chocolate broken up into small pieces

Pre-heat oven to 160C and grease and line a loaf tin.

Soften the butter and cream cheese. Beat with an electric mixer until pale and creamy.

Add the caster sugar, orange juice and orange rind. Beat well.

Gradually add the flour, eggs and baking powder. Beat until all the ingredients are combined and the mixture is smooth and creamy. Stir through the chocolate pieces.

Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for around 50 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean or with only a few crumbs.

Make one for yourself and one for someone who needs a smile :)

Mrs B x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...