Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Lemon Muffins with Strawberry Cheesecake Filling

When I'm not in the kitchen or curled up on the couch / in bed or out exploring the world / buying shoes, I'm at work. 

I know. 

Believe me I'm not a fan of it either. 

If I had my way I spend my days baking up a storm in some exotic location whilst wearing a gorgeous pair of shoes from my never ending collection, but alas in the real world, I work a 9-5...or in my case a 7:30 - 4....so today I wanted to share something with you.....

My desk. 

Which, for 8 hours a day, is my home.

I believe three of the most important things that make work less like work are 
1) working with great people (which I do)
2) enjoying what you do (which most days I do)
and 3) adding some personal touches to your workspace 

Note the essential elements below....
- Skull coffee mug
- Shoe clock
- Paper weight (gift from Mum and Dad when I started work)
- Mood calendar to advise / warn people when it is safe to enter or better to stay away 
- Red Nose Day teddy bear holding a Daffodil Day flower pot
- Wedding photos (and on the wall next to my desk, family photos) to remind me that life is about more then       
   just work
- Shoe calendar  (to remind me life is about shoes!) 
- Collection of nail files, combs and pen....plus phone, sticky notes and essential scribble paper 
- And I always have the radio on for some background noise....plus an impromptu dance / sing in the middle    
   of the day never goes astray!

 

Do you know what else never goes astray? Muffins! Tangy lemon muffins topped with a dollop of sweet creamy strawberry cheesecake!


All you will need is:

2.5 cups self raising flour
1/4 cup caster sugar
3/4 cup milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Juice and rind from one large (or 2 small) lemons
100g cream cheese softened
2 tbspns strawberry jam
1 tbspn icing sugar

Combine the cream cheese, strawberry jam and icing sugar in a bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.

Pre-heat oven to 160C (fan forced) and grease a 12 hole muffin tray.

Combine the flour, sugar, milk, egg, oil, lemon rind and juice in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until smooth.

3/4 fill each muffin cup and top with a tbspn of the cheesecake mixture.

Bake for 20-25 mins until they bounce back when touched or a skewer inserted comes out clean.

Take them to work, share them out, people will love you, that's just how it goes.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Mrs B x



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...