Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Apple Pie Muffins

Flying visit today everyone as it has been a huge day and I am super tired and in desperate need of a nap before the lambs have their night time feed. 

First of all - huge big exciting news - after 12 months of studying my bum off (despite the fact my bum seemed to do nothing but expand during this period) today I passed my final assessment which means I passed my course and now have my Management Diploma! So many times I was ready to throw it all in but I'm so glad I stuck at it and even more relieved it's done....although the scariest part is that I'm actually really excited about getting started on my Advanced Diploma now......breathing in too many fumes you say? Yes I tend to agree, but excited nonetheless! 

Anyway, enough about that, you know how sometimes people say things taste like something else, but then they are nothing like the real thing.....these Apple Pie Muffins are totally not like that, they are the perfect combination of a light, moist, soft fluffy apple and cinnamon cake topped with even more apple and of course, a beautiful brown sugar crumble.....and you know what? I bet they are mighty delicious heated up with a dollop of extra thick cream too!


Apple Pie Muffins.....

For the muffins
1 1/2 cups plain flour
3/4 cup caster sugar
1.5 tspns cinnamon
2 tspn baking powder
1/2 tspn salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
2 large or 4 -5 small apples cored and diced (enough to give you around 2 cups)

For the crumble
1/2 cup rolled oats
3 tbspns brown sugar
40g butter softened

Preheat the oven to 200 C and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper liners.

Combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a bowl.

Add the oil, egg and milk and stir gently to combine.

Stir through 1 cup of the apples.

Fill the muffin mixture into the liners until they are roughly 2/3 full

Now in a small bowl or jug, combine the oats, brown sugar and butter. Use a fork to mix it all together.

Top the muffins with the remaining apple and sprinkle with a generous amount of crumble.

Bake for 20-25 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.

Happy Wednesday everyone

Mrs B x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...