Saturday, August 25, 2012

Chocolate Coated Cookies and Cream Fudge

Last night Mr B went to the local RSL with a few of his new work mates for some man-time so this meant I got kitchen time! Yay! So yesterday when I left work I had my huge big list of things to do including cooking, pampering, some shopping, tidying up, fixing up my recipe folders and finishing off with sitting down reading a book with a nice hot cup of coffee.....I'm not sure exactly how long I thought Mr B was going to be gone for but let me put it this way, I dropped him off, went to the supermarket, came home, iced a cake, made some fudge and he was ready to be picked up.....never mind, I got a few things ticked off my list, including making this Cookies and Cream Fudge which is very more-ish and very nearly didn't even make it to 'setting in the fridge' stage because I was too busy scoffing it out of the pan!


You will need:

1 cup sugar
175g butter
2/3 cup evaporated milk
375g white chocolate melts
200g (or one container) of marshmallow cream / creme / fluff
3 cups coarsely chopped Oreos (about 25 cookies)
pinch of salt

Line a 9" slice tin with baking paper and set aside.

Combine the sugar, butter and evaporated milk in a bowl and microwave for 2-3 minutes or until butter is melted and everything is combined. Cook for a further 2 minutes.

Add the white chocolate melts and marshmallow cream along with 2 cups of crushed cookies and salt. Stir until chocolate is melted and everything is combined.

Pour fudge into prepared pan and sprinkle with remaining cookies. Gently press them into the fudge using the back of a spoon. Cover and refrigerate until firm. 

Now with mine, I refrigerated it over night and the top was firm but when I sliced it up, the insides and base were a little sticky so I would suggest slicing with a hot knife and placing upside down in a container in the fridge - this will allow the rest of it to firm up nicely!

UPDATE - 48 hours after making, I found this fudge had firmed up in some spots and some were still abit sticky. I was worried if I put it in Mr B's lunch box he would end up with cookies n cream everywhere and whilst I'm all good with licking cookies n cream fudge off my fingers and out of the lunch box, I don't imagine Mr B would be....so I put it all back into the slice tin which was kind of like doing a cookies n cream fudge jigsaw puzzle! Then I combined 375g of milk chocolate with 80g of butter in a bowl and microwaved on medium high heat in 30 second bursts until smooth and combined. Pour the chocolate mix over the fudge and place in the fridge to firm up. Give it 4-5 hours and it will be chocolatey delicious and lunch box friendly!!


And here is a sneak peak at something I put together for my friend's birthday tonight! A group of us are going out for dinner and it was a last minute thing, so as a surprise Mr B and I dropped the dessert (mini cheesecake squares all stacked up with white chocolate lettering!) into the restaurant earlier today and they were kind enough to let us decorate the table with banners and party hats and a bunch of flowers - it's amazing how just a few little things can really brighten a table up and make it feel like a celebration! And it will be a double celebration because not only are we celebrating Alana's birthday, but her partner Glenn proposed this morning so we also have an engagement to celebrate which is so exciting!!! But on that note I need to drag my bum out of bed and get ready or I won't be there in time to celebrate anything!! 

Hope you are all having an amazing weekend and celebrating something, even if it's just making a damn good cup of coffee or hearing your favourite song on the radio - sometimes it's the little things that make the biggest difference!!

Mrs B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...