Thursday, September 6, 2012

Cranberry Rice Krispie Bars

I am experiencing a conundrum and I just don't know that I like it. You see right now, I am sitting on the couch, having been banished from my own kitchen for the majority of the evening....I was allowed in for long enough after work to frost my birthday cake to take to work tomorrow and that was it....banished. I mean it's not all bad, Mr B is in there slaving away on my birthday cake, but for there to be cooking and baking and things involving cake and frosting going on in my kitchen without me? Well. I just don't know how comfortable I am with that! And yes I did say birthday - my birthday is this Saturday so I'm doing the right thing and taking a cake to work tomorrow and it is one spectacular cake! Well I think it is, I hope it is when we cut into it anyway!! All will be revealed tomorrow!!


Anyway, earlier this week I was throwing together Mr B's lunch box and had a minor melt down when I noticed he was running rather low on snacks. After berating myself for being a bad housewife and not doing any baking over the weekend, I decided to search the cupboards for something that would work.

I found rice bubbles, dried cranberries, marshmallows and cranberry jelly crystals....you know where this is heading don't you!

Cranberry Rice Krispie Bars

You will need
60g butter
200g marshmallows
1 pkt cranberry flavoured jelly crystals
4 cups rice bubbles or rice krispies
1 cup dried cranberries

Add the butter and marshmallows to a large microwave safe bowl. Heat in 40 second bursts, stirring inbetween, until melted and combined.

Mix through the jelly crystals, rice bubbles and dried cranberries.

Grease and line a small slice tin.

Press mixture into the tin - if you have trouble with the mix sticking to your spoon or whatever your using to press it down, try running the spoon under hot water first.

Leave in the fridge overnight to set.

Remove from the tin, slice and enjoy!!

And Mr B has officially declared these THE BEST rice krispie treats he has ever tried....at this stage I don't feel it's necessary to point out they contain fruit dried or otherwise!

Mrs B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...