Friday, September 14, 2012

Mum's Cheesy Vegie Filo Pie

Hello RDO - how I have missed you! You know since I changed my hours at work to having every second Friday off, the week where I actually work 5 days seems to go FOREVER!! But then you wake up on Friday's like today where it's cold and wet and all I have to do is get out of bed, let the lambies out for a run around and make Mr B and I brekkie before I crawl back into a nice warm bed. And this RDO is extra exciting because last night Mr B and I started playing with the Cheese Making Kits he brought me for my birthday. At the moment I am staring at some farmhouse cheddar which is nearly ready to move from the press and there is a beautiful big ball of fresh ricotta in the fridge that we made with the left over whey last night! We had a sneaky sample of the ricotta last night and it is honestly like silk, smooth, creamy, silky ricotta...I'm in love. Sorry Mr B - although I caught him making eyes at the cheddar several times last night....

So with all this cheese we are going to be making, we need some tasty cheesy recipes and my Mum is THE go-to person for cheesy recipes....like this one for her Cheesy Vegie Filo Pie! This pie is packed with vegies and it's got loads of flavour - if you're into garlic and cheese, you're going to want to get all over this pie! 


You will need:

6 sheets filo pastry
1/4 cup melted butter
1 x head of broccoli diced
2 x carrot sliced into thin sticks
1 x onion diced
1 x capsicum diced
2 x small zucchini sliced into thin sticks
4 cloves of garlic crushed
1 cup of grated mozarella or colby cheese
1 cup of grated cheddar cheese

Grease a rectangle oven proof dish and pre-heat oven to 180C

Combine cheese and garlic in a large bowl.

Line dish with 3 sheets of the filo pastry, brushing each layer with butter and sprinkling with some of the cheese mixture.

Arrange vegetables on top of filo pastry. Sprinkle with some more of the cheese mixture. Season with pepper.

Top with remaining filo sheets, brushing each layer with butter and sprinkling with the last of your cheese mixture. Finish with a layer of filo. Make sure the edges are sealed all the way round - this ensures your vegies steam nicely.

Bake for 50-60 mins or until pastry is golden.

Enjoy!!

Mrs B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...