Saturday, October 20, 2012

Girls Night In

Last night I had the pleasure of hosting a Girls Night In to raise money for the research into and prevention of women's cancer for the Cancer Council. The event was held at my work and is something we have been putting together for the last month. I really wanted to organise a true girls night with all the trimmings and I thought what better then a night of good food and champagne with your friends, while you shop! I advertised the event at work and told people to bring along their Mother, Sister, Best Friend, whoever and just have some fun. Then I spoke with some local stores and some local party plan consultants to get them on board and we ended up with 5 party plans and 2 stores having tables last night selling their products which was really positive. Alot of the local businesses and the consultants also came on board by donating prizes for the night which was just fantastic.

We also had an amass of pink food, pink champagne and pink non-alcoholic beverages too! I really am lucky to work with such an amazing bunch of ladies who not only supported me in organising this event, but all chipped in to help with the catering too!
 
I think by the end of the night, through ticket sales, donations and the consultants donating 20% of their sales, we raised in excess of $1500! . When I started planning the night, I thought somewhere around $200 would be great so I couldn't have asked for a better result. Plus everyone really got into the spirit of the night and we just had so much fun! It was lovely to see so many people come together for a good cause and I had my Mum there to celebrate with me so that made it all the more special.

One of the goodies I made for the night was these Pink Truffles - they were my Mum's idea and I'm so glad she suggested them because they were easy and the hot pink white chocolate centre was just delicious! 

All you need is 
 
375g white chocolate + 100g extra
150ml thickened cream
2 drops pink gel food dye
375g milk chocolate
Pink sprinkles

Combine 375g white chocolate and cream in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 60 seconds and then stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. (*Next time I make these I will probably add some strawberry essence here)

Add pink dye and stir well - you may want to add more or less depending on the colour your after. Place the mixture in the freezer for 3-4 hours or overnight to firm up.

Roll teaspoons of the mixture into balls and place on a lined baking tray. Place back in the freezer for 2-3 hours. If you balls don't come out smooth the first time - you can always re-roll them after they have been in the freezer and they will come out alot better.

Take 100g of the milk chocolate and place in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds and stir until smooth. Remove the truffle centres from the freezer. Using 2 forks or 2 teaspoons, place a truffle centre into the milk chocolate and roll around until covered. Place back on the lined baking tray. Repeat with remaining truffle centres and milk chocolate. Place in the fridge for 3-4 hours or overnight to set.


Melt the remaining white chocolate in the microwave and tint pink with your pink gel food dye. Top each truffle with a teaspoon of the pink chocolate and then top with some pink sprinkles. Place in the fridge for the  chocolate to set.

Store at room temperature and enjoy!

 

And here are some photos from last night!

Mr B and I made some rose water pink meringues nests and pink ribbons for the night too - they were delicious filled with strawberry yoghurt!!


This was getting the food set up....

 
 
The prizes.....

 
Shopping up a storm!!





And me!
 
 
Mrs B xx 

1 comment:

  1. Wow everything looks amazing! What a fantastic job you did! Those Pink truffles look mouth watering, I think my little girl would love them (or anything else pink) we will give them a go!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...