Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Home Made Pizza

This week and next week I am attending a whole bucket load of seminars through a local initiative called WorkSafe Month. During WorkSafe Month there is about 2 weeks worth of free training courses, seminars and forums which are open to anyone to attend and the topics range from Stress Management  to Understanding the Workplace Heath and Safety Legislation to Is Your Workplace Stroke Safe to Improving Physical Activity and Nutrition in the Workplace. There are so many great sessions on this year I think I am attending like at least 2 each day, but when they are free (and held during work hours at a beautiful venue by the water) they really are a fantastic resource....plus I think the one I'm going to tomorrow includes breakfast....now if only they would let me go in my pyjamas! 

Alot of the talk at the seminars I have been to so far focuses on eating healthy and looking after our bodies and you know most of the time Mr B and I are very good at that....we have the occasional ice cream 'black out' where the whole tub disappears in one night, but otherwise we are pretty good! We go out for tea occasionally, but we generally stay away from take away or 'fast' foods and to that end once every month or so we treat ourselves with home made nachos or hot dogs or, my personal favourite, home made pizzas!

Now these pizzas aren't your average bit of pita bread spread with tomato paste, topped with goodies and chucked in the oven (although that does make for a mighty fine home made pizza too!), these pizzas are a whopping big mountain of pizza goodness...and definitely require a knife and fork...or a bib....possibly both!
 
For the dough you will need

125ml water
3/4 tbspn oil
1/2 tspn salt
1.5 cups plain flour
1 tspn yeast

Now the night before we plan on having pizzas, I just chuck all of the above in the bread maker, in the order it's listed and hit the dough button....when the bread maker beeps at me roughly 90mins later, I put the dough in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and leave it in the fridge overnight. 

The next night, roll your dough out into a circle and place on a pizza stone, if you have one, or a greased baking tray will work too. 

Top with your favourite toppings and bake for about 25-30 mins at 160C. 


Just as an example, on this one we used
1 small tin of pineapple pieces
1 capsicum diced
1 tomato diced
100g of shaved ham
100g of bbq chicken meat
100g of diced mushrooms
Honey BBQ Sauce
And lots of shredded pizza cheese!

This photo does not do it justice....it was huge....but oh so good!!!


Enjoy! 

Mrs B xx 

1 comment:

  1. The additional BBQ chicken meat and sauce must be the secret to make this recipe taste so good! It’s actually a better choice than using fatty pepperonis. I started opting for healthier alternatives, too, ever since I started working out at the gym. I also run with my friends sometimes. You know what? I actually think this pizza recipe of yours is better than most of the pizzas served in fast food chains! It’s tasty, homemade, and definitely healthier!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...