Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Best Chocolate Cake....

I know I just made a big call, like a huge big call....but I have struggled to find a really nice moist chocolate cake recipe for years and I finally have it! 


This recipe makes 2 loaf size cakes and it is moist, chocolatey, keeps amazingly well and....


.....is packed full of beetroot! Yes I said beetroot.

 Beetroot Beetroot Beetroot! 


And before you get all ewwww beetroot in chocolate cake on me....I promise you this cake does not taste like beetroot, there are no big chunks of it and if I didn't tell you (or you didn't make it yourself!) you wouldn't even know it was there! 

You're intrigued now aren't you? You have no choice but to try it for yourself. Believe me, I know because that's what happened to me and I'm so glad it did! 

Here's how you do it....

Beetroot Chocolate Cake

900g tin of beetroot, drained and pureed
2.5 cups of plain flour
2 tspns of bicarb soda
1.5 cups of vegetable oil
4 eggs
2 tspns of vanilla essence
2 cups of caster sugar
1/2 - 3/4 cup of cocoa

Pre-heat oven to 180C and grease and line 2 loaf tins.

Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar, eggs, oil and essence until well combined. 

Add the flour, bicarb, cocoa and beetroot puree. Beat until everything is combined and smooth. 

Pour into your prepared loaf tins and bake for 45-50 mins or until the cakes bounce back when touched or a skewer inserted comes out clean....whichever your preferred method is!

Now when I made this, we ate the first one the very next day with whipped cream and it was off the charts awesome. And today as I sat down to write this post, I had a slice of the other one, straight out of the fridge, 4 days old.....still freakin' amazing and not even a hint of drying out. I am in love (and getting one of my daily serves of vegies through chocolate cake!!) 

Mrs B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...