Sunday, November 25, 2012

Lemon Parmesan Chicken Schnitzel

So it's Sunday night, the weekend has disappeared in a whirlwind as usual and you have to work tomorrow. In reality the last thing you probably want to do on a Sunday night is cook dinner - given the option most weekends I would choose a bowl of cereal or a piece of toast. 

This weekend is no different. Mr B and I had Friday off, but somehow a 3 day weekend does nothing to reduce the amount of things you need to do or how tired you feel come Sunday evening. Today Mr B was offered some overtime so he went to work at 7am....which meant for some stupid reason I was up at 7am too! I mucked around in the kitchen for awhile and finished off the Cream Cheese I started making on Friday, before using the leftover whey to make some Ricotta. Then I straightened my hair, had a bowl of cereal, a cup of coffee and it was only 8am! This was all wrong.....I don't even normally open my eyes till at least 9am on a Sunday!! At about 11am the shearer arrived to shear our little lambies. The poor little things were all wool and look completely different (and a little lanky) now that they are 'nakey,' but hopefully it will keep them cooler through the summer. I'll get some photos of them to show you as soon as they are speaking to me again!  I spent the rest of the day out and about trying to get myself organised for Mr B's birthday this week and for Christmas. I walked back in the door at the same time as Mr B and we both collapsed on the bed, hot, bothered, and exhausted!! Did someone say Fruit Loops for dinner???


This Lemon Parmesan Chicken Schnitzel is really easy to make. The combination of the lemon and parmesan gives it a real flavour kick and the panko breadcrumbs just makes it so crunchy!!  We just served ours with some steamed broccoli and home made potato chips and it was just like going to the local pub for a counter meal, but without the bill at the end of it!! This is definitely something I would keep as my go-to lazy night meal and I'm thinking I will try it with some veal steaks next weekend!

Lemon Parmesan Chicken Schnitzels

Serves 2

1 large chicken breast
1/2 cup dried panko breadcrumbs
1.5 tspns finely grated lemon rind
1 egg
2 tbspns plain flour

Butterfly your chicken breast (cut in half so you have two thin chicken breasts) and set aside.

Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan and lemon rind. Season with salt and pepper and place on a plate.

Whisk egg in a small bowl.

Place flour on a plate.

Coat 1 piece of chicken in flour, shaking off the excess. Dip into the egg and then coat in the breadcrumb mixture. Refrigerate for 20-30 mins.

(Meanwhile, chuck some greens, like beans or broccoli on the boil )

In a well oiled fry pan over medium heat, cook the schnitzels for 5 mins on each side or until golden and cooked through.

Mrs B xx

1 comment:

  1. Yum, that looks delicious! I am your newest follower and was hoping that you'd pop on by my blog and follow me back.

    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    Hugs!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...