Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Savoury Cheesy Pumpkin Patties

I am lucky enough to have today off work, which means I am sitting in bed, cup of coffee in hand, plate of toast at my side, writing this to you. Normally my day off falls on a Friday, as does Mr B's, and we spend the day together, but last Friday I had to go into work and Mr B got to spend the day doing his own thing which is lovely for him, but crappy for me. In my opinion, there is nothing worse then dragging yourself out of bed at stupid o'clock to go to work whilst your partner remains all snuggly and warm and sleepy under the covers. In saying that though, today it was quite nice to be the one who got to stay in bed whilst Mr B got up in the early morning hours and went to work for a change! 


These Savoury Cheesy Pumpkin Patties are so simple to make and so tasty! And the best thing is they are fantastic in hot or cold which makes them great for dinner or for lunchboxes!

Savoury Cheesy Pumpkin Patties - Makes roughly 10-12

2 cups cooked mashed pumpkin
150g vintage cheddar, cut into small cubes
1 medium onion finely diced
1 tpsn crushed garlic
1 stick of celery finely diced
1 cup rolled oats
Salt and Pepper to season

In a fry pan over medium heat, combine the onion, garlic and celery and cook for 5-7 mins or until onion has softened.

Add all the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor and process until everything is well combined.

Lightly grease a fry pan over medium heat. Place heaped spoonfuls of the mixture into the pan and flatten out using the back of your spoon. Cook for 2-3 mins on each side or until golden brown.

Now Mr B and I had these fresh out of the fry pan in some salad rolls for dinner, however, I had one cold the next day and I definitely recommend it, don't get me wrong, they are super tasty and delicious when they are hot, but when they are cold you just get so much more flavour from the cheese and the pumpkin and the celery and it's just awesome....plus Mr B had no idea the oats were in there at all so that's a bonus if you have fussy eaters to deal with!!

Enjoy!

Mrs B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...