Thursday, February 28, 2013

Peanut Butter and Jelly Slice

Every year I try and bake my Dad something as part of his birthday present, wether it be a batch of ANZACS or some Peanut Butter and Cornflake Slice, just something home made as a little treat. I think this is partly because I just love making things for other people, but also partly because as I get older I see more value in creating memories and gifts that really show you have put some time and effort and your heart into them rather than giving material things just for the sake of it you know?

Anyway, as soon as I saw this Peanut Butter and Jelly Slice on Pinterest a few weeks ago I knew that with a few tweaks here and there, it was going to be the perfect birthday treat for my Dad this year! It smells absolutely delicious fresh out of the oven and it tastes amazing.


For this Peanut Butter and Jelly Slice you will need

1.5 cups plain flour
1/2 tspn baking powder
1/4 tspn salt
3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
3/4 brown sugar
115 g butter
1 egg
1 tspn vanilla
3/4 cup strawberry jam

Pre-heat oven to 180C. Line an 8x8x2inch baking pan with baking paper or a non stick liner and spray with cooking oil.

In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the peanut butter, sugar and butter and beat until smooth.

Add the egg and vanilla and beat until just combined.

Add the flour, baking powder and salt and beat on low until all ingredients are incorporated.

Press 1/2 of the mixture into the prepared pan. Spread with the strawberry jam.

Crumble the remaining mixture over the top. Bake for 30 mins.

Allow the slice to cool completely before attempting to remove from the pan.

Slice and enjoy!

Mrs B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...