Friday, March 29, 2013

Happy Easter!!

Every Easter, rather than exchange eggs, Mum, Dad, Mr B and I get together for a Good Friday eggs-travaganza brunch. It still involves eggs, but it also involves copious amounts of Hot Cross Buns slathered in butter and some quality family time and it's one of those times in the year I really look forward too (and not just for the chocolate and Hot Cross Buns either!) 

This year we were lucky enough to be joined by my Nan too but judging from the photo below, I'm unsure of whether it's my Nan who's the bad influence on Mr B or the other way round........


This was our brunch, a mixture of chocolate, fruit and fruit-less Hot Cross Buns, some cheese, camembert, loads of butter, all the different varieties of mini easter eggs Mum could get her hands on, some lil caramel and vanilla creme filled chocolate covered sponge cakes and last but not least some super milky, super creamy coffee topped with a cute little cinnamon sugar star! 


Every year in the lead up to Easter I refrain from having any Hot Cross Buns and tend to only buy Mr B and I a bag (or 2!) of mini eggs to share because I look forward to our family Easter brunch and all the goodies that go with it! 

Obviously the next logical thing to do after lunch was head out onto the deck for a family photo shoot!


I love this photo of Mr B and I. 


And this one, three generations all together....Me, My Mum and My Nan


And the whole motley crew....


And somewhere in there I ran around like a lunatic with this statue of a bunny raving about having found the Easter Bunny....

I blame it on the coffee....

And these are the Hot Cross Buns Mr B and I made last weekend. I wasn't going to make any this year, but then I realised that I have made them every single Easter since Mr B and I met. Mr B takes them in his lunches in the lead up to Easter and then on Easter Sunday we always have some for lunch, it's our little tradition and it just didn't feel right to not make them


I hope you all have a lovely Easter filled with chocolate, bunnies, Hot Cross Buns and of course, family. 

Mrs B xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...