Saturday, April 27, 2013

12 Months Ago Today....

It's hard to believe that this time 12 months ago Mr B and I were heading off on our honeymoon, our big adventure.

Sometimes it seems like a dream, I can't believe we did it, I can't believe the things we saw and the places we went but every now and then I'll be doing something and all these memories will come flooding back to me and I remember it like it was yesterday.

This weekend I really want to sit down and go through our photos from the trip because just looking at these few brings back so many memories!


At the moment, Mr B and I are away camping, which is not quite as international as our honeymoon, but it is going to be cold and we will probably get lost so I'm sure it will bring back memories of our first two weeks touring Ireland in a camper van! Ireland was without a doubt our favourite place from the whole trip and Mr B and I would dearly love to go back one day.

This photo was taken on the second day of our Honeymoon not long after our arrival in Galway.

We arrived in Dublin at 3pm the previous day only to be greeted by a terrible muck up with our campervan that saw us drive to Belfast and back to Dublin and then we got horribly horribly lost trying to find our hotel, finally checking in at 1am. The next morning we were up early and ready to make the drive to Galway. This photo is roughly 24 hours after we arrived in Dublin, the previous nights drama forgotten, the excitement well and truly kicked in.


This photo of Mr B and I on Juliet's balcony in Verona reminds me of so many things. That evening we went out for dinner and because I only felt like a 'light' dinner I ordered 2 slices of pizza off the menu....they ended up being so big that each one came out on it's own dinner plate. Later that night we were awoken by an earthquake shaking our hotel and seriously considered spending the rest of the night in the park down the road.


Driving past the Colosseum on our way from the airport to the hotel on our first day in Rome was incredible.

One minute it was ridiculous highways and crowded streets, the next minute it was just there in front of us, it was early evening and the whole thing was lit up - the only word I can think of to describe it is majestic. Two days later we went on a tour through the ruins and were completely blown away.

 

Paris was.....Paris. Beautiful, elegant and fast-paced. I could have easily spent the whole 4 days we were there right here in the grounds at the base of the Eiffel Tower.


And this....our last night in Florence....a roof top picnic of Duff Beer and baguettes filled with fresh mozarella and tomato brought at the local deli....a cheap dinner but a view (and dinner partner) that was priceless.


Mrs B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...