Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Bread Maker English Muffins

Whilst I was doing my usual baking on the weekend, it occurred to me that Mr B and I were planning on having English Muffins for lunch....and that I may have had the last one for breakfast....

So there I was madly trying to figure out how I was going to finish the cupcakes I was making and get to the supermarket before lunch time when it crossed my mind that maybe I should just make the muffins myself.

After about 1/2 an hour of procrastinating that involved several conversations with myself about how hard it would be, not to mention rising times and all sorts of flour related cleaning issues, I actually stopped to read a recipe and as it turns out, they were neither difficult, nor complicated and could be done using the trusty bread maker. Before I knew it I had all the ingredients piled into the bread maker and it was happening.


These were much easier to make then I thought and just as good (if not better) then the ones you buy from the supermarket. I can't wait to try these again with some cinnamon, nutmeg and sultanas added into the dough cycle!

Bread Maker English Muffins - Makes 15
You will need:
1.75 cups milk
45g butter (salted)
2 tbspns sugar
1 egg
2.5 cups plain flour
2 cups wholemeal flour (If you're not keen on wholemeal flour, you can replace it with an additional 2 cups of plain flour.)
2 tspns yeast

Place everything in the bowl of your breadmaker and set it to the dough cycle.

Once the cycle is completed. Remove the dough to a lightly floured work bench and roll out to a large rectangle. Use a large circle cutter or even the top of a large clean empty can to cut the dough into 15 discs. Place the discs on a baking tray and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rest and rise for 20 mins.

Spray a large cast iron pan with cooking spray. I used a bench top fry pan but you could use a regular fry pan as well. Cook the muffins on low to medium low heat for about 10-15 mins on each side or until they are golden brown. Flip over and repeat on the other side. You don't want your pan to hot or the outside will cook before the inside does.

Serve toasted with butter and jam or butter and tomato and cheese!


Enjoy!

Mrs B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...