Saturday, April 6, 2013

Leftover Easter Egg Blondies

I know....I can practically hear you all saying 'You crazy lady, ain't nobody got leftover easter eggs!' 

But in our house we had a big basket of mini eggs sitting on the kitchen bench over the Easter and now that Easter has been and gone, Mr B is no longer eating them. Which just leaves them (the eggs) and me (the weak choc-oholic with no self control). 

The eggs are obviously aware of my inability to resist them because they call my name every time I walk past. 

So the way I see it, I had two options....eat them all myself OR cook something for Mr B's lunches with them so even though he says he is 'over easter eggs' and refusing to eat them anymore, little does he know, I have smuggled them into his lunch box. 

Cue evil laugh......


Obviously this plan backfired a little when I had to physically leave the room to stop eating these blondies fresh out of the pan, but that's a minor detail. These are gooey and chewy and studded with chocolate chip, creme egg goodness which as far as blondies goes makes them good, like REALLY good. 

Leftover Easter Egg Blondies 

170g butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 tspns vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 3/4 cups self raising flour
2 x 135g pkts of mini Cadbury Creme Eggs
1 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 160C and grease and line a slice tin with baking paper.

Place the butter in a microwave safe jug and heat for 60 seconds on Medium High.

In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and brown sugar and beat until combined. Add the vanilla and eggs and beat well.

Add the flour and beat until combined.

Unwrap the mini eggs. I placed mine on a chopping board and gave them a hit with a meat mallet so they were still whole but kinda flattened. It doesn't matter if they fall apart abit though, you just don't want to completely pulverise them or they creamy filling will disappear into your blondie mix.

Stir the chocolate chips and crushed eggs through your blondie batter.

Spoon the batter into your prepared pan and smooth the surface with a spatula or spoon. Now the recipe I used for these suggested baking them for no longer than 25 mins but I had to bake mine for 40 mins so I would say check them at 25 mins and if a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean and the top is set, then they are done, if not, check them at 35 and then 40 mins.

Once you remove your blondies from the oven allow them to cool on the bench for 30 mins. At this stage you can dive right in like I did and pick off all the edges because they are amazing....or you could show some restraint and put them in the fridge for a further 30 mins before you slice them. I definitely recommend this as these blondies are super gooey and chewy and are much easier to slice once you remove them from the fridge...but I also recommend having a sneaky taste before you put them in the fridge too!

Enjoy!!
 

Mrs B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...