Sunday, May 5, 2013

Aero Bar Slice

After a long day at work on Friday I came home desperate to bury myself in the kitchen. I had been eyeing off this recipe for a long time and finally had all of the ingredients to throw it together. The only problem was that after I had combined all of the ingredients for the slice I was absolutely convinced that it was not going to set properly and leaning more towards the fact that it was going to end up a big crumbly mess.

So rather than actually putting the slice in the fridge and giving it a chance to redeem itself, I stood in the kitchen picking bits off the end of it and willing it to visually set in front of my eyes......5 mins later, nothing and I was just getting more and more frustrated.....

In case you're wondering, patience was never my strong point.......especially when it comes to waiting for things to set or waiting for things to cool before slicing.....I'm totally the girl who always cuts her brownies straight from the oven and then complains about their shape....

So right when I was considering my options for crumbling the whole thing up and starting again Mr B came along, quietly put the slice in the fridge and steered me out of the room. He gave me a big glass of Jamesons, sat me on the couch and confirmed his place as best husband ever.

Although I did sneak back into the kitchen later on to do the melted chocolate for the topping.....

Several hours later and not only was it perfectly set but it tasted just like a Mint Slice biscuit - hello deliciousness!!!


Aero Bar Slice

1 x 250g pkt chocolate ripple biscuits, crushed
150g block Aero Mint Chocolate, broken up
2 tbspn condensed milk
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 tbspn cocoa
125g butter, melted
150g milk chocolate melts
50g butter (extra)

Combine 125g butter and caster sugar. Heat in the microwave for 60 seconds. Stir to combine.

Stir through the cocoa, condensed milk, biscuits and chocolate.

Pour into a slice tin.

Combine remaining butter and chocolate melts and heat in the microwave for 40 seconds. Stir until combined. It may need another 40 seconds to completely melt the chocolate.

Spread the chocolate mixture over the slice and place in the fridge to set for 3-4 hours before cutting.

Enjoy!

Mrs B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...