Thursday, July 25, 2013

Caramelised Cider Onions

Hi there intermenet peoples its Mr B here.

So tonight my darling wife made me something special to go with my steak for dinner....cider onions and OMG were they good.

The smell as they were cooking was nearly as good as the end result and I tell you they tasted beautiful.

I would love to try them with some different flavoured ciders or on a sunday morning with some eggs and bacon on toast mmmm.

Well I guess I better go do the washing up so thank my beautiful wife and to every one out there ENJOY....


Caramelised Cider Onions

1 tbspn olive oil
2 brown onions, sliced into thin wedges
1 cup dry apple cider
2 tbspns brown sugar
Salt and Pepper.

Heat oil in a frypan over high heat.

Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally for 8-10 mins.

Reduce heat and add cider and sugar. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for a further 10-15 mins or until caramelised.

Serve over steak.

Enjoy!

Mr and Mrs B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...