Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Chicken Yakisoba

When Mr B and I started doing our groceries online last year one of the unexpected bonuses was that it actually saved us money.

As it turns out I am a really bad (or really good depending on which way you look at it!) impulse shopper....

2 for the price of 1 you say?

Half price for today only?

Buy 6 get 1 free?

SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!

So it was an absolute mystery to me when two multi packets of instant noodles showed up in the groceries a few weeks ago....at the bargain price of 2 for $5! We don't even eat instant noodles.....

And I was doing so well too......

So this sudden influx of noodles has meant that I have had to increase my noodle recipe repertoire. I started off with these Noodle Omelettes and they are fast becoming a Friday night staple but when I came across this recipe for Chicken Yakisoba on Pinterest I knew I had to try it.

This recipe is so full of flavour, the sauce is really something incredible and I love the addition of the cabbage - definitely a step up from your normal stir fry!


Chicken Yakisoba - Serves 2 

1/2 cabbage, finely diced
1 onion, diced
2 medium carrots, sliced into ribbons (we use our peeler to get them nice and thin)
1 head of broccoli, diced into small florets
1 green capsicum cut into thin strips
1 tspn crushed ginger
250g chicken breast, diced
1 pkt Oriental flavoured 2 minute noodles
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup worcestershire sauce
2 tbspns tomato sauce
Tobasco sauce to taste (roughly 1/2 tspn)
1 tbspn sugar

Cook the noodles as per packet directions - drain and set aside.

Heat a fry pan over medium-high heat and add 1 tbspn oil. Add the ginger, onion and chicken and cook for around 5 minutes or until chicken is sealed.

Add the cabbage, carrots, broccoli and capsicum and cook for 5-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.

Meanwhile, combine the soy sauce, worcestershire, tomato sauce, sugar and tobasco. Pour sauce over vegetables and stir to combine.

Add the noodles and toss well to ensure they are heated and evenly coated in the sauce.

Serve and enjoy!


Mrs B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...