Monday, December 23, 2013

Chocolate Rice Pudding

I don't know about you but I absolutely refuse to leave the house between now and Christmas Day.

I made a quick trip out to the Doctor this morning and between the traffic, the people and the heat, it's just ridiculous. I was going to come home and make shortbread this afternoon, but the recipe I have calls for custard powder, which I have just realised I don't have and there is zero chance of me going back out there.

So instead I thought I would curl up on the couch with a cup of tea and tell you about this dessert I made last week.

I think I have mentioned before that your typical Christmas desserts are just not Mr B's thing  which has taken me awhile to deal with because honestly, who doesn't like Christmas Pudding?!

Anyway, last week I asked Mr B what he would like for dessert whilst I'm enjoying my Christmas Pudding and he quickly piped up with Chocolate Rice Pudding.....

The boy never ceases to surprise me.

So, after a long day at work on a 38 degree day I set about making chocolate rice pudding and given the fact that Mr B told me it was just like his Mum used to make and he ate the whole thing in 2 nights, I'm thinking it's a winner.


Chocolate Rice Pudding - Serves 4

1/2 cup medium-grain white rice
2 cups milk
1 cup cream
1/4 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate ganache (or you could use 100g dark chocolate melts)

Cook rice in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain.

Combine milk, cream, sugar, vanilla and rice in the saucepan. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat.

Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 40 minutes or until rice is tender.

Stir chocolate into rice mixture. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.Serve warm drizzled with cream and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Enjoy!

Mrs B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...