Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Strawberry Cheesecake Santas

Did you know this time next week it will be Christmas Day ??

Has that snuck up on anyone else or is it just me? I mean time has seriously gotten away from me this year, I have barely had time to do my shopping let alone plan any Christmas baking.

The whole lack of Christmas baking really annoys me because during the year I picked out some fantastic recipes that I thought I absolutely must make for Christmas and well now they will just have to wait until next year. Either that or I start sending Mr B to work with reindeer cupcakes in April......

In the mean time, Mum showed me a recipe in a magazine a few weeks ago for these Strawberry Cheesecake Santas. Not only did they sound really simple to make but I mean how cute are they?! So anyway, when Mum and Dad came for dinner last night I thought these would make the perfect Christmas dessert - plus they were lovely and light for a warm summer's evening.


Strawberry Cheesecake Santas

250g punnet of strawberries
250g cream cheese, softened
4 tbspns icing sugar
1 tspn vanilla essence

Remove the stems from the strawberries (try to cut them as flat as possible as this will be the base for your Santa hat)

Cut the top third off of each strawberry and set aside for the 'hat.'

Combine the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla using an electric mixer until smooth. The mixture will be quite thick but this is good because then when you pipe it onto your strawberries it will hold it's shape.

Spoon the cheesecake mixture into a piping bag or zip lock bag. If using a zip lock bag, snip a hole in one corner big enough to fill the 'face' section of your Santa. Pipe the cheesecake mixture onto the strawberry bases.

Top with the 'hat' section. If you are using a zip lock bag, snip a smaller hole in the opposite corner (or alternatively change your piping tip), and pipe the buttons onto Santa's jacket and the tip of his hat.

Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 48 hours.

Enjoy!

Mrs B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...