Thursday, February 13, 2014

Spiced BBQ'd Lamb Chops

Like most people, when the sun is shining Mr B and I love having a BBQ dinner.

But sometimes we get stuck in a BBQ rut.

Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of our typical hash brown, onion, pineapple ring, egg and burger BBQ but sometimes it's nice to step outside the box and do something different.

Whilst flicking through Fast Eddy's cookbook The Food Clock a few weeks ago, I found just the thing! These Spiced BBQ'd Lamb Chops were Mr B all over......

....except for the first time I made them and I put a whole tablespoon of cinnamon in the spice rub and Mr B told me they were like eating a lamb donut......

But the second time I made them, I paid super careful attention to my measuring and they were a real hit!

Which is just as well really because I don't think I could have handled another evening of watching Mr B try and dutifully chew his way through a plate of 'lamb donuts'.....


Spiced BBQ'd Lamb Chops - Serves 2
4 lamb leg chops
1/4 tspn cinnamon
1/3 tspn smoked paprika
1/3 tspn cumin
1/3 tspn tumeric
1/3 tspn salt

Combine the cinnamon, paprika, cumin, tumeric and salt. Rub the mixture into the lamb chops.

Cook the lamb chops on a BBQ or grill plate for 3-4 mins on each side or until cooked to your liking.

We served ours with corn cobs drizzled with lime juice and an easy fry up of zucchini, tomato and onion.

And the best thing is it can all be cooked outside on the BBQ!


See even though I personally don't eat lamb chops I'm still a big fan of anything that involves the BBQ because that means Mr B cooks outside whilst I pretend I'm doing the washing up or something when I'm actually laying on the couch, sipping a cold drink with my feet up.....

Ahhhh summer time!

Enjoy!!

Mrs B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...