Sunday, April 6, 2014

Jigglin' Jelly!

Let's talk dessert.

More specifically dead simple desserts that will take you right back to your childhood and just happen to involve two of my favourite things.....

.....Jelly and Ice Cream!

Both of these desserts were favourites of mine as a child and over the last few weeks Mum and Dad have been re-creating them when Mr B and I have been there for dinner. I have to admit that the first night the Frog in the Pond came out I did squeal a little and even though my belly was full to bursting point I demolished that giant freddo and enjoyed every mouthful!


Frog in a Pond - Serves 4

1 x pkt green or blue jelly
4 x Freddo Frogs
Ice-Cream and Cream to serve

Prepare jelly as per packet directions and divide between 4 x 1 cup capacity ramekins. Place in the fridge for 3-4 hours or overnight until set.

To serve top with a freddo frog and a scoop of ice cream.


I have so many fond memories of these Traffic Light Jellies.

Every time my Kinder or Prep had a party and we were expected to bring a plate or I had a birthday party, Mum always made a tray of Traffic Light Jellies and a plate of Fairy Cakes. Part of me wanted to keep them all for myself and part of me was so incredibly proud and just couldn't wait to show everyone what MY Mum had made.

When I was younger I remember peaking in the fridge all the time because I was just mesmerised by the layers in these jellies and it's fair to say that age has certainly not changed that!

Traffic Light Jelly - Serves 8-12

3 tbspns gelatine
3 x pkts jelly (1 x yellow, 1 x green and 1 x red)
Water


Prepare each jelly according to packet directions but use half the amount of boiling water specified. Add 1 tbspn gelatine to each jelly mixture and stir until dissolved.

When the jellies have almost set, gently layer in a slice tin or pyrex dish. Allow to set completely in the fridge prior to cutting into slices.

Perfect sliced up and served on it's own at a kids party and absolutely delicious served for dessert with ice cream.


Enjoy!

Mrs B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...