Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Lamb Chops with Lemon Butter

Often as I'm flicking through recipe magazines or websites I find myself thinking 'Ohhh Mr B would like that' and more often than not I continue flicking because for one reason or another I wouldn't like it.

Occasionally, but very rarely, I get the urge to be a good wife and actually cook some of these dishes for Mr B. I should probably point out that these 'urges' usually coincide with me wanting to cook something for myself for dinner that I have zero chance of Mr B eating. Luckily Mr B has yet to make that connection......

One thing I loved about this particular recipe is how quick and easy it is plus all the vegetables cook in the one pot so less washing up!


Now even thought this recipe says it serves 2, I am not a lamb chop fan so I had my vegetables with some pasta and Mr B had all the chops to himself which funnily enough he did not complain about!

Lamb Chops with Lemon Butter - Serves 2

300g baby potatoes
1 carrot, peeled and sliced diagonally
400g tin of corn kernels
40g butter, softened
1 tspn english mustard
1 tspn lemon juice
4 lamb loin chops
Salt and Pepper

Combine the butter, lemon juice and mustard together. Season with salt and pepper. You may want to add a little bit more lemon juice depending on your preference. Set aside.

Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and then reduce heat to a simmer for 10 mins. Add the carrots and cook for a further 4 mins. Add the corn and cook for 2-3 mins or until vegetables are tender.

Add half the butter to the vegetables in the pan and toss carefully to coat. Cover to keep warm and season with salt and pepper.

Meanwhile, cook lamb chops to your liking (Mr B did his on the BBQ grill for about 12-15 mins). Allow lamb chops to rest, covered with foil, for 5 mins.

Serve chops over vegetables drizzled with remaining butter.


And I had to include a photo of these gorgeous lisianthus from my Mum's garden. They smell fantastic and I really love the white with the hint of purple. So far my goal of having more fresh flowers in the house this year is going well but only because Mum keeps providing them!

Enjoy!

Mrs B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...