Monday, July 14, 2014

Roast Vegetable and Lamb Pasta (or Rice!)

So I had today off work to go and have a Glucose Challenge Test for bub. This meant fasting overnight and getting to pathology bright and early this morning where I rested for 30 mins, had a blood test, had to drink 300ml of glucose water in 5 minutes, wait an hour, have another blood test, wait another hour, have another blood test.....

Wow.

Chugging down the super sweet drink first thing this morning was just peachy, not to mention the whole 3 blood tests in one morning thing!

Anyway, initially I had thought, cool, get the tests out of the way in the morning, spend the rest of the day a) eating, b) getting through my to-do list of things to buy for bub and trying to make a head start on Fathers Day / Birthday / Christmas shopping for the family while I can and c) sitting down and plodding my way through the massive online application for government paid parental leave.....

Good plan yes?

Uh.....no. I have no idea where the day went but achievement levels were not high. Well in the end they sort of were, but I seemed to be rushing through everything in the half hour after Mr B got home rather than cruising through them while he was at work.

Not to mention that when Mr B arrived home from work he found me sitting in the dark, a million windows open on the laptop, an empty plate and cup discarded on the couch next to me, that crazed look in my eyes and when he asked if I would like a cup of tea my response was screeching something about 'yes but right now I just have to get things done!!!'

Yep, no crazy pregnant lady here at all.

Days like this I am glad for leftovers and easy meals.

This Roast Vegetable and Lamb dish is such an easy meal to throw together plus once you have made the base mixture you can serve it over pasta, rice or even a jacket potato to mix it up abit!


Roast Vegetable and Lamb Pasta (or Rice) - Serves 4

200g cherry tomatoes
1 x zucchini, thinly sliced
6 button mushrooms, sliced
1 x capsicum, thinly sliced
2 x sticks celery, thinly sliced
1 x red onion, diced
2 tbspns olive oil
350g lamb mince
1 tspn Allspice
1 tbspn crushed garlic
Salt and Pepper
Pasta or Rice to serve

Pre-heat oven to 180C.

In an ovenproof dish, combine 1 tbspn of the oil, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, mushrooms, capsicum, celery and onion. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Place in the oven and roast for 20 mins or until tomatoes are blistered.

Meanwhile, in a fry pan over medium-high heat add the remaining oil and mince and cook for 5-7 mins or until mince is browned. Add the allspice and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook for a further 2-3 mins.

Add the roasted vegetables to the fry pan and mix well, cooking for 3-5 mins.

Serve over pasta, rice or jacket potatoes.

Enjoy!

Mrs B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...